Besides Project Management in advertising, I’ve also had experience as a warehouse manager, tour manager, catering supervisor & expeditor, and logistics manager. More details are below.
Fairbrother Designs (2019 – 2021)
Logistics Manager / Social Media Manager / Web Design & Development
In the summer of 2019, I worked on-site in Round Top, Texas, with Mississippi company, Fairbrother Designs. David Fairbrother is highly respected throughout Europe as an expert buyer, consultant and restoration specialist in European art and antiques. Fairbrother Designs also designs & builds custom furniture. In 2020 and 2021, due to the Covid pandemic, I was limited to working from Canada. At this point I also re-designed and developed a new company website, Facebook page, and social media plan for shows later this year as well as post-Covid shows in the U.S.
- Helped facilitate the organization, storage, and distribution of inventory coming from Europe to the US
- Carrier contract negotiations and compliance – Nippon Express in Antwerp, Belgium
- Confirmation with US broker on clearance / non-clearance and whether inspections have been completed – agriculture and customs
- Hired third party suppliers (US) – freight carriers, movers, truck rentals, accommodations
- Implementation of warehousing – Inbound and outbound logistics
- Transportation and delivery of inventory
- Resolved customer issues aligned with any service issues that did arise
Marigolds & Onions Catering (1997-1999)
Expeditor & Delivery Supervisor
Co-ordinated the daily movement of food and beverages for Toronto corporate & events catering company, Marigolds & Onions.
- Tracking, packing and managing of all deliveries
- Maintained driver scheduling and hiring – 5 to 6 full-time drivers
- Maintained all delivery schedules – private, corporate, bakery, and events
- Tracking and managing of delivery inventory – any serving materials, beverage dispensers, chafing dishes
- Alcohol & alcohol licensing purchasing
- Maintained a fleet of 5 delivery vehicles
- Coordinated with sub-contractors – Event furniture (tables, chairs, linen), portable kitchen and cooking equipment
Hot Knives Film Production Catering (1996 – 1997)
Expediter / Driver / Service staff
I served a lot of people a lot of meals…even David Bowie.
Warner’s Recording Artists The Waltons (1995-2000)
Assistant tour manager – advancing of shows (Canada, US, UK tours)
Walton’s were a JUNO award winning pop band out of Regina, SK. I was also the drummer for a bit of time, so I had a hand in confirming all details in advance of the shows – accommodations, vehicle rentals, travel details, and technical requirements (stage plot, front-of-house).